A mysterious chill in the air has slithered its way into the Weekly Design Challenges! From spooky to kooky, we’re challenging you to create an embroidery project inspired by the most bootiful day of the year.
Whether it’s an engineered embroidery template inspired by your childhood Halloween memories or a hair-raising repeating pattern that springs to life with touches of hand-stitched embroidery, we hope this challenge will be all treats and no tricks.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 64
Halloween Embroidery Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 08/02/2019: Submissions open
- 09/10/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/12/2019: Public voting opens
- 09/17/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 09/19/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
ChintzSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced November 14
KaleidoscopeSee the Challenge
Voting begins November 14
Whimsical Wonderland WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 21
Jewel-Tone '70sSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 5
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12