Whether you choose to paint a rural scene, mimic folk-style embroidery or are inspired by an icon like a Swedish Dala horse, we want to see how you weave culture, community and tradition into an artful tea towel.
Folk art is a style that celebrates cultural heritage and reflects everyday life. What we love about this art form? It is of, by, and for the people, and most often features a handmade quality.
Like previous years, all tea towel entries will automatically be previewed on a Spoonflower Tea Towel during voting. Learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value). The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 76
Folk Art Tea Towel Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ x 18”) and previewed as a Spoonflower Tea Towel on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/06/2019: Submissions open
- 10/08/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/10/2019: Public voting opens
- 10/15/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/17/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
ChintzSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced November 14
KaleidoscopeSee the Challenge
Voting begins November 14
Whimsical Wonderland WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 21
Jewel-Tone '70sSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 5
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12