Did you know that the word dinosaur means “terrifying lizard”? This week’s challenge theme has us going back in time: 66 million years, to be exact! While dinos may no longer be roaming Earth, we are putting on our adventure gear this week to take a walk through the land of dinosaurs.
Will your design take us to the land before time, or will it celebrate the paleontologists that have taught us about these ancient creatures? No matter which direction you go, we are sure your design this week is going to be dino-mite!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/05/2019: Submissions open
- 07/23/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/25/2019: Public voting opens
- 07/30/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/01/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Color-Blocking ShapesVote Now
Winners to be announced August 22
MothsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 22
Neutral RetreatSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 29
1-Yard Cheater QuiltSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 3 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 5
Halloween EmbroiderySee the Challenge
Submissions close September 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 12
Winter FloraSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 19