No matter the season, this Day at the Lake Design Challenge prompt is the perfect opportunity to showcase your style and the playful fun one might have next to a body of freshwater. From fishing motifs and water sports (or even ice skating!) to boating and summer camp traditions, your task is to invoke the feeling of the great outdoors with your unique repeating pattern.
While planning your layout, think of how your fabric design could be used, be it on cabin bedding, a s'mores supply bag, or even a picnic blanket under the sun.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 67
Day at the Lake Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 06/05/2020: Submissions open
- 07/14/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/16/2020: Public voting opens
- 07/21/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/23/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Small-Scale Tools of the TradeVote Now
Winners to be announced August 13
MushroomsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 13
Climbing Vines WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 20
Gothic HalloweenSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 27
Cut-and-Sew Fat Quarter GiftablesSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 3
Maximalist HolidaySee the Challenge
Submissions close September 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 10