They may be small, but a fat quarter is perhaps the mightiest cut of fabric. During this week’s challenge, create your very own cut-and-sew project for a fat quarter of fabric.
From dolls to pencil cases to DIY ornaments, the real question is what can’t you make with a fat quarter of fabric? To help you get started, Spoonflower designer Ceri Staziker– cerigwen in the Marketplace—is sharing seven design tips for successfully creating a cut-and-sew project.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter Project Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 09/07/2018: Submissions open
- 10/16/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/18/2018: Public voting opens
- 10/23/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/25/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced February 21
Bohemian ParadiseSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 21
Moody FloralsSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 28
AffirmationsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 7
MaximalistSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 14
FeathersSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 21