Bigfoot and jackalopes and the loch ness monster, oh my! Cryptozoology is the official word for the study of creatures like these that are only rumored to exist.
Many cryptids are well-known like the Yeti or the aforementioned Sasquatch, but have you ever heard of the Wolpertinger that allegedly hide in the alpine forest of Bavaria or the Bunyip that may call Australian swamps home? Have fun this week researching and illustrating the many legendary animals from regional folklore.
In March, two challenges have a twist! Every week, Spoonflower employees watch as you, our creative community, participate in the Weekly Design Challenges. Once a year, employees are eligible to create a design for the annual Employee Design Challenge. This year, employees will participate alongside the Spoonflower designer community in two Design Challenges—Cryptozoology and Boardsports—but don’t worry, there’s no home team advantage here.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 02/05/2021: Submissions open
- 03/16/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 03/18/2021: Public voting opens
- 03/23/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
- 03/25/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Indoor Garden Wall HangingsVote Now
Winners to be announced October 28
Petal Solids Coordinates: CozySee the Challenge
Submissions close October 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 28
Quirky AmphibiansSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 4
Kitsch ValentineSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 11
Victorian GreenhouseSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 18