Spoonflower presentsClassic Cartography Throw Pillows Design Challenge
Cartography is the art of mapmaking, so dust off those vintage drafting tools and chart a course towards your next throw pillow design.
Whether you’re inspired by classic tools used to create maps, mythical creatures that often decorate the margins, or the geography of the map itself, this week you’re challenged with incorporating those ideas into a throw pillow design you’d be happy to encounter after returning home from an adventure.
Remember that while designs with images from the public domain are allowed on Spoonflower.com, they are not accepted in Design Challenges. Read more about challenge rules surrounding copyright and original artwork.
- Entries close . View the full timeline below.
- Designs will be viewed as a Square Throw Pillow on the voting ballot. Acceptable repeat options for this challenge are Basic, Half-Drop, Half-Brick, Mirror.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- The popular vote determines the top 100 winning designs. Voters include Spoonflower artists and customers as well as the public.
- The top 100 designs receive prizes or benefits. View the full prize list below.
- View the full Terms & Conditions for this challenge.
- $200 in Spoonflower credit
- $100 in Spoonflower credit
- $50 in Spoonflower credit
Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit
The top 100 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale—no $5 swatch required.
Winning designs will be featured on the design challenge winners page