The much anticipated announcement is finally here and designers and makers alike are rejoicing for the calming hue celebrating the coming year: Classic Blue. Using just the monochromatic limited color palette below, we can’t wait to see how you shine a spotlight on this year’s confident color.
We’re looking ahead to 2020 with blue-tinted vision inspired by Pantone’s timeless and serene pick for Color of the Year.
Limited Color PaletteIce (#E9F4FF), Slate (#92B0CA), Classic Blue (#0F4C81), Midnight (#012E54) Click here to preview the full color palette.
All four colors in the palette above must be used in your design. Color variations and colors outside of this palette will not be accepted. Unlike past limited color palette challenges, black and white may not be used. To prevent colors from shifting when uploading to Spoonflower, designs must be in the sRGB color space. Please do not create your design in CMYK.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 68
Classic Blue Limited Color Palette Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/03/2020: Submissions open
- 01/28/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/30/2020: Public voting opens
- 02/04/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/06/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced April 2
Papercut NapkinsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 31 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 2
Noodle BowlSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 7 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 9
Line Art Safari WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 14 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 16
Pastel CaféSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 21 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 23