We’ve updated the Design Challenges experience! See what’s new
For this week’s challenge we want you to find inspiration in the buttercup (or Ranunculaceae) flower family.
The buttercup flower family includes over 2,000 species to inspire your design. Whether you reference the climbing vines of clematis, the layered petals of a columbine or the cheerful yellow flowers of the common buttercup, don’t forget to design with the intention of your floral masterpiece adorning home decor items like throw pillows, duvet covers and table linens.
- Entries close . View the full timeline below.
- Designs will be viewed as a Fat Quarter of Fabric on the voting ballot. Acceptable repeat options for this challenge are Basic, Half-Drop, Half-Brick, Mirror.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- The popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs. Voters include Spoonflower artists and customers as well as the public.
- The top 50 designs receive prizes or benefits. View the full prize list below.
- View the full Terms & Conditions for this challenge.
How to Enter
1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit
The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale—no $5 swatch required.