We are excited to announce the winner of our Oceans Design Challenge: "Under the water" by Lavish_season! BucketFeet will use this design to help build a collection raising awareness about the environmental issues and the impact of rising sea levels on ocean health. The Challenge winner received $250 from BucketFeet and $150 from Spoonflower, a licensing contract for a run of footwear, and a pair of shoes featuring their design.
This Oceans challenge inspires designs that highlight the beauty, complexity, and drama of the sea. BucketFeet is building a collection of ocean-themed footwear to raise awareness about the environmental issues and the impact of rising sea levels on ocean health for World Ocean Day on June 8. The winning design will be a featured shoe in this summer’s collection release.
The winner of our Oceans Design Challenge receives $250 from BucketFeet, a licensing contract for a run of shoes (including royalties in the amount $1 per pair sold), a pair of BucketFeet shoes featuring their winning design, and $150 Spoonflower credit and a press release. All remaining entrants in the top ten receive $150 in Spoonflower credit.
The rest of the Top 10
Every Shoe Tells A Story
BucketFeet exists to make the world a brighter place, one step at a time. Every pair of BucketFeet shoes reflects the story of the artist who designed them. Discover the inspiration behind your next pair of shoes.BucketFeet
BucketFeet Oceans Finals Details
- BucketFeet and Spoonflower will curate 100 designs from all entries for voting, and BucketFeet will choose the winner from the popularly-voted top ten designs.
- Designs must be original work created for this contest. Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline. Where designs are not clearly related to the Oceans theme visually, moderators will use design titles and descriptions to determine adherence to the theme.
Download Design Challenge Terms and Conditions
- 05/02/2016: Submissions open
- 05/12/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/19/2016: Public voting opens
- 05/25/2016: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/26/2016: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Hidden HawaiianSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced January 21
Reimagined Damask WallpaperSee the Challenge
Voting begins January 21
Yellow and GraySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 28
Year of the OxSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 4
PatchworkSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 11
TalismansSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 18