Using black ink (digital or analog) as your source, create a seamless repeating pattern with the use of brushstrokes, implied visual depth and a degree of textural elements.
Delicate washes of grey and the timeless pairing of dark and light take center stage in this week’s Black and White Painterly Design Challenge. Whether your monochromatic design has a light and airy feel or is firmly grounded, remember to use only black, white and shades of gray to achieve your modern painterly look. Keep the scale on the larger side as your design will preview to voters on a curtain panel render.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 80
Black and White Painterly Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI on a Spoonflower curtain render on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 12/06/2019: Submissions open
- 01/07/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/09/2020: Public voting opens
- 01/14/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST
- 01/16/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Holiday Traditions ToileVote Now
Winners to be announced September 30
2022 Wall Hanging CalendarSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 28 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 30
Vintage Recipe Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 5 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 7
Modern Motivational Posters Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 14
Indoor Garden Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 21