What do organisms like fireflies, fungus and fish have in common? They all share the scientific super power of bioluminescence! This chemical reaction is both fascinating and beautiful and we can’t wait to see which of the thousands of glowing friends you decide to highlight in your design.
Jellyfish produce bright flashes of light to deter predators, swarms of plankton create pinpoints of light that make bodies of water glow, and fireflies rival street lights for light sources on summer nights. Because these printed designs won’t actually light up the night, the challenge this week will be using high contrast and color choice to create the illusion of the enchanting glow of bioluminescence.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 65
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 04/03/2020: Submissions open
- 05/12/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/14/2020: Public voting opens
- 05/19/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/21/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Off the Wall ToileVote Now
Winners to be announced May 28
Midsummer FestivalSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 28
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18