This week we’re inviting the Spoonflower community to dream up a design that will be featured on Spoonflower’s packaging in 2021. Inspired by what makes Spoonflower one-of-a-kind, your entry this week should reflect the values that mean the most to the community: family, uniqueness, self-expression and creativity.
The entry and voting period for this challenge is over. Five finalists have been determined and this page will be updated with the final results on January 22.
As a brand we are always looking for new and exciting ways to highlight our artist community. Each year hundreds of thousands of Spoonflower packages land on the doorsteps of creative people worldwide. What better way to introduce yourself to our community than to showcase your art on our shipping boxes?
That’s right! Your design could be sent to hundreds of thousands of Spoonflower community members all across the globe.
The Spoonflower team will select five finalists from the popularly-voted top 50 entries for a round of artist interviews. We’re excited about the opportunity to get to know more about your design inspiration and your journey at Spoonflower. After the interview process the Spoonflower team will select an artist from the group of finalists, and their artwork will be featured on Spoonflower’s packaging in 2021.
An Important Note About Your Design Challenge Entry
While there are no color limitations in this challenge, please note that the final design may need to be adjusted to accommodate the required packaging specifications. Vector-based designs or those that can be easily vectorized (designs without intricate details or a lot of texture) are required for this challenge. The winning designer will work directly with Spoonflower’s design team to get their artwork prepped for package printing.
- The 1st place winner will have their design featured prominently on Spoonflower’s global packaging and will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and $500 cash prize, which will also serve as the licensing fee.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd - 5th place winners will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
Spoonflower Packaging Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 12/04/2020: Submissions open
- 12/29/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/31/2020: Public voting opens
- 01/05/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/07/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Reimagined Damask WallpaperVote Now
Winners to be announced January 28
Yellow and GraySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 28
Year of the OxSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 4
PatchworkSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 11
TalismansSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 18