Coined by its Scottish inventor David Brewster, the word kaleidoscope roughly translates to beautiful shape which can be observed. This week designers should draw inspiration from the delicate arrangement of symmetrical color, pattern and reflected light created when viewing a kaleidoscope.
Whether you go geometric or organic in shape, consider the application for your finished fabric design. Abstract and large-scale prints are perfect for wallpaper and home decor, while smaller scales can inspire an ornamental quilt or holiday DIY projects. The possibilities are endless when you're creating a kaleidoscope of your imagination.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 81
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 10/04/2019: Submissions open
- 11/12/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/14/2019: Public voting opens
- 11/19/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 11/21/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Hidden HawaiianVote Now
Winners to be announced January 21
Reimagined Damask WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 21
Yellow and GraySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 28
Year of the OxSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 4
PatchworkSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 11
TalismansSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 18