No matter where you live in the world, we want to see what makes your local community unique—from the motifs that rep your local scene, to maps, landmarks, recipes, traditions and more.
It’s time to let your hometown pride shine in our first-ever Hometown Tea Towel Design Challenge. Think creatively as your design could not only be the perfect giftable tea towel but perhaps turned into a banner or flag too!
Like previous years, all tea towel entries will automatically be previewed on a Spoonflower Tea Towel during voting. Learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value). The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
Hometown Tea Towel Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ x 18”) and previewed as a Spoonflower Tea Towel on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/06/2019: Submissions open
- 10/22/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/24/2019: Public voting opens
- 10/29/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/31/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
KaleidoscopeSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced November 21
Whimsical Wonderland WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 21
Jewel-Tone '70sSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 5
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12