Think beyond the traditional 6" block cheater quilt; the 1-yard (42” x 36”) canvas is your playground for color, shapes, composition and style.
In the hands of our imaginative designer community, this week’s 1-Yard Cheater Quilt challenge is sure to break outside of the creative box. Will your eye-catching quilt double as a modern wall hanging and offer a sleek aesthetic or maybe you’d like to cater to children? However unique you decide to go, keep in mind that your quilt should not be set to a centered repeat. Before you get started, be sure to head to the blog to see first hand how one designer elevated this traditional quilt template.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 67
1-Yard Cheater Quilt Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a one yard size (42” x 36”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 08/02/2019: Submissions open
- 09/03/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/05/2019: Public voting opens
- 09/10/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 09/12/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced November 21
Whimsical Wonderland WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 21
Jewel-Tone '70sSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 5
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12