Sunshine, beaches, flip flops, pool floats. The hottest time of the year is just around the corner here in North America, and we’re getting in the mood with all things summer fun! Create a small-scale design that evokes all your favorite things about summer. Use your creativity and come up with a summer fun ditsy or small-scale print that would look fabulous on a swimsuit or summer tote!
For this challenge, be sure to think small-scale or ditsy! New to ditsy prints? The definition of a ditsy print in regards to surface design is a small scale, scattered, non-directional surface pattern. Entries will be previewed at the swatch size (8” x 8") this week.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 80
Small-Scale Summer Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a swatch size (8” x 8”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 04/05/2019: Submissions open
- 04/30/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/02/2019: Public voting opens
- 05/07/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/09/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner