We’re slowing things down thanks to the inspiration for this week’s design challenge and the world’s slowest animal: sloths!
Whether you find these mammals irresistibly cute (#slothlove) or are weary of their lethargic nature , create a repeating pattern depicting the sloth-mania that’s taken over the Spoonflower Marketplace. Hanging from tropical trees, swimming in water or slowly making their way through the rainforest, where will your sloth take you?
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 11/02/2018: Submissions open
- 12/04/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/06/2018: Public voting opens
- 12/11/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 12/13/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Animal PrintsSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced January 17
Moon Landing with Princess AwesomeSee the Challenge
Voting begins January 17
RockabillySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 22 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 24
Coral Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 29 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 31
Desert ModernismSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 7
PysankySee the Challenge
Submissions close February 12 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 14