There are over 16,306 endangered species in the world, and we want to help catapult them into the spotlight. People, pesticides and pollution are all factors that can all play a role in the extinction of plants and animals, and awareness is the first step in protecting endangered species. From the Asian elephant to the Amur leopard, we hope this week’s theme sheds some light on these animals.
2018 marks Spoonflower’s 10 year anniversary and as we continue to grow, we are dedicated to keeping our ecological footprint small in sharp contrast to today’s textile industry. From a print-on-demand process designed to minimize our fabric and ink waste to a small garden outside our North Carolina headquarters that is filled with herbs, lettuces and cherry tomatoes planted (and enjoyed) by our employees, sustainability is at the heart of all that we do. As we approach Earth Day on April 22, we hope this month’s design challenge themes will inspire you to ask yourself how you’re making a positive impact on Mother Earth.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Endangered Species Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 03/09/2018: Submissions open
- 04/24/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/26/2018: Public voting opens
- 05/01/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/03/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Midsummer FestivalVote Now
Winners to be announced June 4
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18