Calling all Fixer Upper fans! This week’s challenge is just for you. Modern farmhouse style is known for its warmth and simplicity, clean lines and use of natural textures and materials like wood or galvanized steel. Iconic to the modern farmhouse style is the mainstay of cream as a thematic color choice presents the perfect canvas for neutrals or bright and bold hues.
From a challenge inspired by International Women’s Day on March 8 to a prompt that will have you dreaming up your next fixer upper, we think this month’s design challenge themes will spark your creativity (and maybe even your taste buds!). If you’ve been trying to design more in 2018, why not set a goal of entering all four challenges this month? Can’t commit to all four weeks? That’s OK! Our monthly challenges are designed to encourage your creativity in a fun way that works with your busy schedule!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Modern Farmhouse Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 02/05/2018: Submissions open
- 04/03/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/05/2018: Public voting opens
- 04/10/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/12/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Animal PrintsSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced January 17
Moon Landing with Princess AwesomeSee the Challenge
Voting begins January 17
RockabillySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 22 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 24
Coral Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 29 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 31
Desert ModernismSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 7
PysankySee the Challenge
Submissions close February 12 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 14