By the end of this week’s challenge you’ll be ready to plan your next backyard barbecue! Fire up your favorite design program to create a repeating design inspired by the savory bites you’ll find at any summer cookout. Don’t forget to include your favorites like hot dogs, hamburgers and one of our personal picks - watermelon!
From a challenge inspired by International Women’s Day on March 8 to a prompt that will have you dreaming up your next fixer upper, we think this month’s design challenge themes will spark your creativity (and maybe even your taste buds!). If you’ve been trying to design more in 2018, why not set a goal of entering all four challenges this month? Can’t commit to all four weeks? That’s OK! Our monthly challenges are designed to encourage your creativity in a fun way that works with your busy schedule!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Summer Cookout Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 02/05/2018: Submissions open
- 03/27/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 03/29/2018: Public voting opens
- 04/03/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/05/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectVote Now
Winners to be announced October 25
Gender Neutral Nursery WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 25
ChinoiserieSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 1
Fair IsleSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 8
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15
Large Scale Black & WhiteSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 27 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 29