The 1920s brought about the birth of the Jazz Age, iconic dance moves and the inspiration for this week’s design challenge: Art Deco. This luxurious and modern style of art incorporates streamlined symmetry and geometrics for a classic look. Think big for this week’s Art Deco challenge, because all entries will be previewed on one of Roostery’s newest products, the Wyandotte Duvet Cover.
If “create more art” was one of your New Year’s resolutions, February’s design challenges will be just the thing you need to keep the inspiration flowing. Cuddly creatures, limited color palettes and a challenge inspired by Roostery’s newest product line will kick your resolution into high gear and keep you on track. Sharpen your pencils, charge up those tablets and start those design engines!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Art Deco Large Scale Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed as the Wyandotte Duvet Cover on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 01/05/2018: Submissions open
- 02/27/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 03/01/2018: Public voting opens
- 03/06/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 03/08/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Midsummer FestivalVote Now
Winners to be announced June 4
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18