Slow and steady wins the race! For this week’s design challenge, get inspired by the classic tale of persistence and determination in The Tortoise and the Hare. Don’t limit your imagination there—turtles and rabbits are invited to race as well. Just be warned, losing momentum in this week’s challenge might leave you on the sidelines.
If “create more art” was one of your New Year’s resolutions, February’s design challenges will be just the thing you need to keep the inspiration flowing. Cuddly creatures, limited color palettes and a challenge inspired by Roostery’s newest product line will kick your resolution into high gear and keep you on track. Sharpen your pencils, charge up those tablets and start those design engines!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Tortoise and the Hare Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 01/05/2018: Submissions open
- 02/20/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/22/2018: Public voting opens
- 02/27/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 03/01/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Holidays Around the WorldVote Now
Winners to be announced November 29
Large Scale Black & WhiteSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 27 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 29
SlothsSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 4 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 6
Scandinavian ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 11 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 13
AstrologySee the Challenge
Submissions close December 18 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 20