This week, you're challenged to create a design inspired by a favorite childhood activity: coloring books! We’ve partnered with Lake, an interactive coloring app. The winners will be included in a special black and white Spoonflower coloring pack in the Lake coloring app. Create a design in black (#000000) on a white (#ffffff) background.
In the midst of holiday making, hosting dinner parties and baking cookies to the point of losing track of how many dozen you’ve made, it’s easy to see why this time of the year can fly by. Escape the busyness of the holidays, even if just for a few hours, with the November design challenge. Whether it’s limited color palettes or larger than life designs, your hardest challenge this month will be remembering to get back to your to-do list!
- 1 first place winner, chosen from the top 25 by Lake, will receive a 1-year Lake app subscription (valued at $39.99) and $200 in Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a 1-year Lake app subscription (valued at $39.99), and a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a 1-year Lake app subscription (valued at $39.99), and a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- All top 10 designs from this week’s challenge will be included in a special Spoonflower coloring pack on the Lake coloring app!
- Remaining top 10 designs will win a 1-month Lake app subscription (valued at $7.99), and a $20 Spoonflower credit.
- The top 25 popularly-voted designs will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Good art deserves good things. And so do you.
Lake is a coloring app for iPad and iPhone that helps you de-stress through creativity. It comes with an ever-growing collection of coloring books from Instagram popular artists, offered exclusively on Lake. Right now there are 36 artists offering over 350 beautiful drawings, and there is something for everyone’s taste! Coloring books include 12 beautiful illustrations, a custom color palette and endless coloring possibilities. Just as with Spoonflower, when you make a purchase on Lake, you support artists directly!Lake
Lake Black and White Coloring Book Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The top 10 winners will be chosen by Lake from the popularly-voted top 25 designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 10/13/2017: Submissions open
- 10/31/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 11/02/2017: Public voting opens
- 11/07/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 11/09/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Off the Wall ToileVote Now
Winners to be announced May 28
Midsummer FestivalSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 28
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18