Channel your inner flower child this week to create a geometric, eye-catching, and bold design inspired by a lifestyle full of adventure! Just like the travelers way of life, let your artistic vision run free for this week’s challenge.
For the month of August, we’re heading back to our classic design challenge format...with a little twist halfway through! This month, enjoy themes that will challenge you to think outside the design box, including one theme created and voted on by the Spoonflower community. Keep reading to see which theme won the popular vote and find out what other fun design themes we’ve dreamt up for this month!
- 1 first place winner each week will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/07/2017: Submissions open
- 08/15/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 08/17/2017: Public voting opens
- 08/22/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/24/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
MaximalistSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced March 21
FeathersSee the Challenge
Voting begins March 21
NauticalSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 28
PollinatorsSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 4
April ShowersSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 11
Australian FloraSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 18