The Hawaiian Village Hotel was built in the 1950s before Conrad Hilton purchased it in 1961. Tiki culture thrived at the resort. There was no Rainbow Tower but there were plenty of thatched roof guest rooms, the lagoon, pink catamarans, palm trees and Waikiki Beach. Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close June 6, 2017 at 3 p.m. Eastern.
We’re packing our swimsuits, putting on the sunblock and saying Aloha to our friends in Hawaii for this month’s weekly design challenges! Throughout the entire month of June, enjoy design themes inspired by the serene surroundings of our design challenge partners, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. We are beyond excited to announce that with the generous support of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, the grand prize winner will receive (2) five night stays (one for promotional use and one for vacation) at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and $1,000 towards your airfare! That’s right: your design challenge entry could lead you to the beautiful white sand beaches of Waikiki, where your only worry will be deciding whether you enjoy your tiki drink with or without a paper umbrella. Before you start packing, it’s time to start designing! Read on to learn all about our Hawaiian inspired themes.
- 1 first place winner each week (4 total, 1 per theme), chosen from the top 25 by Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, will be have their winning design manufactured as shirts for employees, in-lobby decorations, shirts for sale in the gift shop, and assorted other sundries and accessories. Winners will receive 10% commission for each yard of fabric purchased to manufacture these, along with a $200 Spoonflower credit. In addition, the grand prize winner will receive (2) 5-night stays at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - 1 for promotional use (PR) and 1 for vacation. Spoonflower will award each grand prize winner $1,000 toward airfare for their PR stay.
- 2nd place (4 total, 1 per theme) winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place (4 total, 1 per theme) will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme (100 total, 25 per theme) will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Mid-Century Modern Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The first place winner will be chosen by Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort from the popularly-voted top 25 designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 05/12/2017: Submissions open
- 06/06/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 06/08/2017: Public voting opens
- 06/13/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 06/15/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced October 18
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 18
Gender Neutral Nursery WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 25
ChinoiserieSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 1
Fair IsleSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 8
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15