The tables will turn, as designers get to sit back and take a week off while Spoonflower employees go head to head in a creative battle! The theme of our Staff Challenge this year is “Opposites Attract.” Employees will be given a week to create our designs, then the community (that’s you!) gets to vote as normal.
It would be an understatement to say the team working behind the scenes at the Spoonflower HQ is a creative bunch. Whether we’re sewing up sample projects to test new fabrics or creating designs for our personal Spoonflower or Etsy shops, the creative juices are always flowing! However, as many of you may already know, Spoonflower employees must hang up our weekly Design Challenge hat once we start working here, as employees are not eligible to enter contests. Enter the annual Staff Challenge! The theme of our Staff Challenge this year is “Opposites Attract.” The twist is that each employee submits a theme inspired by opposites, then the themes will get scrambled up and distributed out, so each participant is given an Opposites theme that was submitted by someone else. Employees will be given a week to create our designs, then the community (that’s you!) gets to vote as normal.
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive a Near & Dear Unicorn Wall Mount covered in their winning design and a $50 Etsy gift card. The remaining top 15 popularly voted designs will receive local North Carolina treats and designs will be automatically made available for sale (provided the designers are already verified sellers) in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
The rest of the Top 10
Spoonflower Staff Opposites Attract Details
- Please note this challenge is for Spoonflower employees ONLY!
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 15 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 03/21/2017: Submissions open
- 03/28/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 03/30/2017: Public voting opens
- 04/04/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/06/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Sports & LeisureSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced August 6
Small-Scale Tools of the TradeSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 4 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 6
MushroomsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 13
Climbing Vines WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 20