Birds and blooms go together like copy and paste! We can’t get enough of watching our feathered friends fly from one plant to the next as they aid in the crucial pollination process that helps plants thrive. Create an original surface design featuring flowers and birds in all their springtime glory! Entries will be previewed at the FQ size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close 04/18/17 at 3 p.m. EDT.
April showers bring floral design challenges! After you take a short break during the Annual Employee Design Challenge, that is. That's right folks, for the first week of April the tables will turn and Spoonflower staff members get to put on our designer-hats to face off in a beloved annual tradition. Inspired by the constant strive for balance, this year's theme is Opposites Attract. Employees submit designs, and the community votes on a favorite. Take that week to visit some gardens and gather inspiration, because the rest of the month is dedicated to floral designs with a twist. Read on to find out more.
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
The rest of the Top 10
Birds and Blooms Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 03/15/2017: Submissions open
- 04/18/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/20/2017: Public voting opens
- 04/25/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/27/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Limited Color PaletteVote Now
Winners to be announced October 18
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 18
Gender Neutral Nursery WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 25
ChinoiserieSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 1
Fair IsleSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 8
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15