The resilient animals who’ve adapted to thrive in the harsh desert heat have earned their own name: xerocole. Attaining food, water, and even regulating their own body temperature is a constant challenge for birds, reptiles, camels, scorpions, etc., but they sure look majestic while doing it. Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close January 24, 2017, at 3 p.m
We're so excited to announce that we're teaming back up with our friends at Bucketfeet for a whole month of challenges in February! Out of respect and celebration of the rich and diverse cultures of Native American peoples, this month's design challenges will be inspired by "Spirit Animals" (also known as power animals or totems) with 4 sub-themes: desert, mountain, rainforest and aquatic. For every design entered into the February challenges, Spoonflower will be donating $1 dollar to NARF, an organization that works to protect Native rights. Bucketfeet will also be donating $1 per pair of shoes (from the winning designs' footwear lines) sold. Each week's challenge winner will receive $250 from Bucketfeet and $200 from Spoonflower, a licensing contract for a run of footwear, and a pair of shoes featuring their design.
1 grand prize winner each week, chosen from the top 10 by Bucketfeet, will receive $250 from Bucketfeet, and a licensing agreement including royalties in the amount of $1.00 for every pair of shoes sold. The grand-prize winner will receive a pair of shoes with their design from Bucketfeet and a $200 Spoonflower credit. 2nd place (4 total, 1 per theme) winner will receive a $75 credit to Bucketfeet.com, along with a $100 Spoonflower credit. 3rd place (4 total, 1 per theme) will receive a $75 credit to Bucketfeet.com, along with a $50 Spoonflower credit. Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit, and a discount code for 20% off at Bucketfeet.com. The top 25 popular voted designs from each theme (100 total) will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Every Shoe Tells A Story
BucketFeet exists to make the world a brighter place, one step at a time. Every pair of BucketFeet shoes reflects the story of the artist who designed them. Discover the inspiration behind your next pair of shoes.BucketFeet
Bucketfeet Desert Animals Details
This Desert challenge inspires designs that highlight the resilient animals who’ve adapted to thrive in the harsh desert heat. Bucketfeet is building a collection of desert themed footwear to raise awareness of the Native American Rights Fund (NARF). The winning design will be a featured shoe in this summer’s collection release.
- Bucketfeet will choose one grand-prize winner from the popularly-voted top ten designs.
- Designs must be original work created for this contest. Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline. Where designs are not clearly related to the Desert theme visually, moderators will use design titles and descriptions to determine adherence to the theme.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 01/13/2017: Submissions open
- 01/24/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/26/2017: Public voting opens
- 02/01/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/02/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Fair IsleVote Now
Winners to be announced November 15
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15
Large Scale Black & WhiteSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 27 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 29
SlothsSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 4 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 6
Scandinavian ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 11 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 13
AstrologySee the Challenge
Submissions close December 18 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 20