Headbands of Hope are given to children with cancer in hospitals across the US because, as Jess Ekstrom, founder of Headbands of Hope believes, fashion can be a great vehicle for positive self-identity. In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness month, we hope this month’s theme, “dreamers,” will inspire designs of celestial and sky imagery and/or future aspirations.
Give a big round of applause for our winning dreamers! All top 5 popularly-voted designs will be licensed for an exclusive collection of headbands. Winners will receive 10% commission for each yard of fabric purchased to manufacture these headbands, along with a $50 Headbands of Hope credit + $50 Spoonflower credit. The grand-prize winner, lilyandlouie, (hand picked by Headbands of Hope) will have 50 headbands produced with her design and donated to the children’s hospital of her choice. Winners will also be featured in an exclusive press release written by Spoonflower, recognition in Sponsors’ emails, blogs and on social media channels.
All top 5 popularly-voted designs will be licensed for an exclusive collection of headbands. Winners will receive 10% commission for each yard of fabric purchased to manufacture these headbands, along with a $50 Headbands of Hope credit + $50 Spoonflower credit. One grand-prize winner will have 50 headbands produced with their design and donated to their local children’s hospital, or the children’s hospital of their choice. Winners will also be featured in an exclusive press release written by Spoonflower, recognition in Sponsors’ emails, blogs and on social media channels.
Headbands of Hope
For every item sold, a headband is given to a child with cancer.
Jess Ekstrom was moved to create Headbands of Hope in 2012 after a life changing internship with a children’s wish granting organization, where she noticed the effect chemotherapy had on a young girl’s self-confidence. The brand believes that a simple accessory can improve a child’s outlook on both inner and outer beauty, uplifting them with just a small gesture. For every headband sold, a headband is donated to a child battling cancer. For more information, please visit www.headbandsofhope.com.Headbands of Hope
Headbands of Hope Dreamers - Finals Round Details
- Check out our blog post and Pinterest board for more design inspiration.
- The deadline for entries is Friday, September 16, 2016 at 3 PM EDT.
- Headbands of Hope and Spoonflower will curate 100 designs from all submitted entries to be eligible for public voting.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a swatch size (8” x 8”) on the voting ballot.
- Headbands of Hope will choose a grand prize winner from the popularly-voted top five designs.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/01/2016: Submissions open
- 09/16/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/21/2016: Public voting opens
- 09/27/2016: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 09/29/2016: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Midsummer FestivalVote Now
Winners to be announced June 4
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18