We are excited to announce the winner of our Betabrand Double Take Design Challenge: "Ogee Icons" by Laura_May! The Design Challenge winner of our Betabrand Double Take Design Challenge received a $500 Betabrand shopping spree. All top 15 popularly-voted designers win a featured slot in Betabrand’s Betabrand Think Tank for a chance to have their design voted onto garments for men and women. All entrants voted into the top 15 also received $50 in Spoonflower credit. See the Top 15 below!
Our Betabrand Double Take Design Challenge seeks designs that invite a second glance to add to their lineup of prints. We are looking for quirky new takes on classic patterns, designs that reveal more than meets the eye upon a second glance, an allover print that could be two things at once (think: unicorn houndstooth), or simply something original, bold, and sure to invite conversation.
The winner of our Betabrand Double Take Design Challenge receives a $500 Betabrand shopping spree! All top 15 popularly-voted designers win a featured slot in Betabrand’s Betabrand Think Tank for a chance to have their design voted onto garments for men and women. All entrants voted into the top 15 also receive $50 in Spoonflower credit!
The rest of the Top 15
New Ideas, Nonstop.
Betabrand is a crowdsourced, crowdfunded clothing company based in San Francisco. All new products start in Betabrand’s Think Tank, where community members submit their clothing and print concepts. Designers of products that are chosen for crowdfunding make 5 to 10% on the sales of their products.Betabrand
Betabrand Double Take Details
- Check out our blog post and Pinterest board for more design inspiration.
- The deadline for entries is Friday, July 15, 2016 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- Spoonflower Voting Round 1: The winner and the rest of the top 15 will be determined by popular vote. The winner of this round of voting receives a $500 Betabrand shopping spree. All top 15 entrants receive $50 in Spoonflower credit as well.
- Betabrand Voting Round 2: All of the top 15 popularly-voted designs will be featured in the Betabrand Think Tank for a second round of voting in August. Any number of these designs could end up on real garments, making real money, but the popularly-voted winner of the Think Tank round of voting will win a $750 shopping spree at Betabrand.com as well.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs must be created anew for this contest and uploaded to a new design slot in your Spoonflower account. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline. All entries adhering to the theme and created for this contest will be eligible for public voting.
- 07/01/2016: Submissions open
- 07/15/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/20/2016: Public voting opens
- 07/26/2016: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/28/2016: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Animal PrintsSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced January 17
Moon Landing with Princess AwesomeSee the Challenge
Voting begins January 17
RockabillySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 22 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 24
Coral Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 29 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 31
Desert ModernismSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 7
PysankySee the Challenge
Submissions close February 12 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 14