It’s fun to dream about what possibilities a bright new year can usher in and that may be a starting place to inspire a motif for your 2021 tea towel calendar.
This week kicks off a month of Spoonflower’s annual tea towel competitions with a classic crowd favorite, calendar tea towels. The art you create is entirely up to you and if you need a calendar template to get started, click here!
Have a calendar tea towel design from last year in your design library? It can’t be submitted for this weekly challenge, but it’s a good reminder to upload a revision with 2021’s dates for future customers. Cheers to a new year ahead!
Designer tip: The Spoonflower community is worldwide! We recommend offering your calendar in different languages—the version you enter in the challenge is up to you. Click here to download French, Spanish, German and English calendar templates.
Like previous years, all tea towel challenge entries will automatically be previewed on a Spoonflower Tea Towel during voting. Visit the blog to learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value). The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 68
2021 Tea Towel Calendar Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ x 18”) and previewed as a Spoonflower Tea Towel on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/04/2020: Submissions open
- 09/22/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/24/2020: Public voting opens
- 09/29/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/01/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner