Let the great outdoors be your inspiration for this week’s design challenge, but think abstract! Rely on large swaths of color and texture to build a dreamy, deconstructed landscape worthy of any statement wall.
Whether you choose to conjure a peaceful mountain range, a dark forest drenched in monochromatic shades or a serene, watercolor ocean scene, this week it’s time to think outside the repeat for a landscape that’s anything but a blandscape. Remember to think large scale this week as all entries will be previewed on a yard of fabric.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 75
1-Yard Abstract Landscape Wall Hanging Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a one yard size (42” x 36”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 12/06/2019: Submissions open
- 12/31/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/02/2020: Public voting opens
- 01/07/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/09/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Vintage KitschVote Now
Winners to be announced January 30
Classic Blue Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 28 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 30
Illustrated Spring Flora and FaunaSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 4 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 6
AnimalierSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 11 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 13
Roller Rink NostalgiaSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 18 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 20