February’s celebration of the Lunar New Year also welcomes a new zodiac sign, and 2018 is the Year of the Dog. It’s said that people born in this year have the gift of realism combined with a keen sense of observation. Create a repeating design inspired by what Year of the Dog means to you. From your 4 legged friends to a zodiac approach, we can't wait to see what you create!
December’s design inspiration will test your creativity as we explore a wide range of themes. From four-legged friends to one-of-a-kind tattoos (and everything in between!), there’s bound to be something for every type of artist. Keep reading to find out which themes will pique your interest most (we hope all of them!) during December’s design challenge.
- 1 first place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Year of the Dog Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 11/03/2017: Submissions open
- 12/05/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/07/2017: Public voting opens
- 12/12/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 12/14/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Arctic AnimalsVote Now
Winners to be announced December 21
TattoosSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 21
Center StageSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 28
African Art Memphis Brooks Museum of ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 4
Spanish TilesSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 11
Greek ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 18
KilimSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 23 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 25
OrigamiSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 30 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 1