For this week’s challenge, we’re letting our community choose. In July, we received over 250 challenge themes submitted via social media and took to the blog for a round of voting to find this week’s community chosen theme : Swedish Folk Art. Inspired by fables and allegories and depicted through repeating geometric shapes, this type of art was created to bring pleasure to everyday tasks.
For the month of August, we’re heading back to our classic design challenge format...with a little twist halfway through! This month, enjoy themes that will challenge you to think outside the design box, including one theme created and voted on by the Spoonflower community. Keep reading to see which theme won the popular vote and find out what other fun design themes we’ve dreamt up for this month!
- 1 first place winner each week will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Swedish Folk Art Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/07/2017: Submissions open
- 08/08/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 08/10/2017: Public voting opens
- 08/15/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/17/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Kawaii SushiSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced September 21
PointillismSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 21
2018 CalendarsSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 28
Family RecipesSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 3 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 5
Botanical Block PrintSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 12
Farm to Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 19