On August 21, our friends in the US will have the opportunity to witness "The Great American Total Solar Eclipse." Moon gazers from all over the world will be making a trip to Spoonflower’s HQ state of North Carolina to see the spectacular moon phase for themselves. While the eclipse may only last for a few minutes, a fabric design celebrating this “once in blue moon" event will last forever!
For the month of August, we’re heading back to our classic design challenge format...with a little twist halfway through! This month, enjoy themes that will challenge you to think outside the design box, including one theme created and voted on by the Spoonflower community. Keep reading to see which theme won the popular vote and find out what other fun design themes we’ve dreamt up for this month!
- 1 first place winner each week will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Solar Eclipse Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/07/2017: Submissions open
- 07/25/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/27/2017: Public voting opens
- 08/01/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/03/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Orchid and Navy Limited Color PaletteVote Now
Winners to be announced February 22
Tortoise and the HareSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 20 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 22
Art Deco Large ScaleSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 27 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 1
Sisterhood Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 8
MonochromeSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 15
Summer CookoutSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 22
Modern FarmhouseSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 29