Also known as the Volstead Act, prohibition in the United States banned alcohols by the name of brandy, rum, whiskey, wine and more from 1920 until 1933. Channel your inner Bonnie and Clyde and vote for your favorite speakeasy-style artwork.
Roostery, Spoonflower’s new sister brand focusing on individual expression with custom home goods, has just released their new line of chairs. In celebration, one grand-prize winner will receive a Maran slipper chair from Roostery upholstered with Eco Canvas in design of their choice ($469 value). The rest of the top 10 winners will receive one custom Orpington tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value). Designs voted into the top 11-25 will be automatically be proofed and made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace ($5 value).
One grand-prize winner will receive a Maran slipper chair from Roostery upholstered with Eco Canvas in design of their choice ($469 value) OR the equivalent ($469) Spoondollars if the grand-prize winner is not located in North America. As always, shipping is free on all Roostery chairs. The rest of the top ten winners will receive one custom Orpington tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value). Designs voted into the top 11-25 will be automatically be proofed and made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace ($5 value). The top 25 will be decided by popular vote. The top 25 will be determined by the designs that receive the greatest number of votes by the time contest voting closes at 3 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
The rest of the Top 25
Our Upcoming Design Challenges
Dust off your design tools and roll up your sleeves, the Weekly Design Challenge is back! We'll be kicking off the revamped challenge during the month of October by asking you to brew your finest tea towel creations. Weekly themes include Prohibition Cocktails, Grandma's Kitchen, Home Is Where the Heart Is and 2017 Calendars.Our Upcoming Design Challenges
Prohibition Cocktails Details
- Check out our blog post and Pinterest board for more design inspiration.
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (27” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/12/2016: Submissions open
- 09/27/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/29/2016: Public voting opens
- 10/05/2016: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/06/2016: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Off to the Horse RacesVote Now
Winners to be announced March 22
MonochromeSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 22
Summer CookoutSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 29
Modern FarmhouseSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 3 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 5
GardeningSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 12
GeologySee the Challenge
Submissions close April 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 19
Endangered SpeciesSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 24 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 26
CyclingSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 3