Pantone just released their color of the year, Greenery! We knew we had to pay homage by including it in a sewing-themed limited color palette contest. Please use hex code #88B04B (greenery) #000000 or #FFFFFF (black, white or both) & ONE color of your choice. Please use full opacity of greenery & black. Previewed at a 21" x 18" fat quarter, must repeat. See blog.spoonflower.com for more details.
Did you know that January is National Hobby Month? As the new year begins, we all set new goals and refocus on learning new things, improving, and challenging ourselves with hobbies. Here at Spoonflower we are proud to enable your hobbies whether that’s design, sewing, or both! To celebrate this month, we’re launching a design challenge each week that’s inspired by a creative hobby (with a twist, of course). Are you up to the challenge?
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
The rest of the Top 10
Limited Color Palette Sewing Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 12/16/2016: Submissions open
- 12/27/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/29/2016: Public voting opens
- 01/04/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/05/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced March 29
Summer CookoutSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 29
Modern FarmhouseSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 3 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 5
GardeningSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 12
GeologySee the Challenge
Submissions close April 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 19
Endangered SpeciesSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 24 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 26
CyclingSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 3