Stock up on your favorite car snacks, turn on the tunes and get our your maps because it’s time for one last summer road-trip! Create a design inspired by the open roads. Whether you’re venturing through a new city or drafting the perfect treasure map, show us how you’re inspired by this navigation tool. Hand illustrating your map is not required but do your best to create an illustrated style.
For the month of August, we’re heading back to our classic design challenge format...with a little twist halfway through! This month, enjoy themes that will challenge you to think outside the design box, including one theme created and voted on by the Spoonflower community. Keep reading to see which theme won the popular vote and find out what other fun design themes we’ve dreamt up for this month!
- 1 first place winner each week will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Illustrated Maps Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/07/2017: Submissions open
- 08/01/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 08/03/2017: Public voting opens
- 08/08/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/10/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Year of the DogSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced December 14
Arctic AnimalsSee the Challenge
Voting begins December 14
TattoosSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 21
Center StageSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 28
African Art Memphis Brooks Museum of ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 4
Spanish TilesSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 11
Greek ArtSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 18
KilimSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 23 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 25
OrigamiSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 30 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 1