We’re heading to the mediterranean to celebrate the artistic culture of Greece. This week we’re challenging you to create a repeating design inspired by one of these art forms. From ancient Greek ruins to mythological creatures, greek keys to evil eyes, we hope you won't be saying “it’s all Greek to me” by the end of this challenge!
The Spoonflower community is a melting pot of designers from all over the world and during January’s design challenge, we’ll be celebrating this designer diversity with a sampler of five international inspired themes. We’ll be starting our adventure in Africa with a challenge celebrating the newest exhibit at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art and ending our excursion in Turkey honoring a handwoven form of artistic expression. Pack your tool box because it’s time for a design adventure!
- 1 first place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Greek Art Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 12/08/2017: Submissions open
- 01/16/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/18/2018: Public voting opens
- 01/23/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/25/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
GeologySee the Challenge
Winners to be announced April 26
Endangered SpeciesSee the Challenge
Voting begins April 26
CyclingSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 3
MarrakeshSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 10
Elegant Holiday Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 17
Animals by AirSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 22 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 24
Animals by LandSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 29 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 31
Animals of the OceanSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 5 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 7
Bauhaus MovementSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 14
Four WheelsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 21