To embed this, cut and paste the following html into your web page:
For the 1 yard cut-and-sew skirt contest. It's a little bit Rococo, a little bit New Wave, can be sewn two ways, and fits up to a 34" waist.
1. Cut away the plain white strips on either side of the waistband and separate front and back skirt pieces along diagonal line. The piece on top is the front, the one on bottom is the back. The diagonal lines are the bottom of the skirt. The side seams are not designed to be even!
2. Either shirr the long sides of the front and back to make them even with the short sides, or leave them hanging loose for an uneven hem. Your call.
3. Sew side seams. Sew left side with a 7" zipper.
4. Gather skirt at the top.
5. Cut waist band to the correct size for you. Sew on as a fitted waistband.
6. Hem with a handkerchief hem or leave edge raw for a punkier look. Add lace or trim if desired.
(Note: some prior experience with sewing and knowledge of basic to advanced construction principles may be required.)