Woven Wednesday: Free Shipping on 1+ Yards of any woven fabrics through 11:59 p.m. EDT July 27th.
Preview scale: 42.0 x 36.0 inches
<a href='http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/3053117-cut-sew-poppy-meadow-tote-by-coggon_-roz_robinson' title = 'Cut & Sew Poppy meadow tote by coggon_(roz_robinson) on Spoonflower - custom fabric'><img src='http://s3.amazonaws.com/spoonflower/public/design_thumbnails/0305/3117/rr04_shopping_bag-01_shop_preview.png' alt='Cut & Sew Poppy meadow tote'/></a>
Change DPI Base size is 150
Designs by coggon_(roz_robinson)
coordinating fabrics are available in my meadow flowers collection:
To make a fully lined bag:
1. Cut out each piece. Cut fusible interfacing to fit within the sewing lines of each piece and fix in place.
2. Fold bag piece in half as indicated by the red fold lines, with right sides together, and sew up each side from the fold.
3. With right sides still together lay one side seam of the bag along the bottom of the bag (the fold made during step 2), pinching out the corner of the bag base so that the two small white triangles are on top of the larger green triangle. Sew across the corner of the bag base, along the black dashed line. Repeat for the other side of the bag.
4. Hem pocket piece and attach to bag lining, sewing around the sides and bottom edge of the pocket.
5. Prepare bag lining piece in the same manner.
6. To make each strap: (i) fold piece in half lengthways (right sides together), (ii) sew up the long edge to make a tube, (iii) turn the tube rightside out; and (iv) turn in the seam allowance at each end of the tube and top stitch closed.
7. Place lining bag piece (printed side out) inside bag piece (printed side in - i.e right sides together) and join be sewing around the top edge of the bag, leaving a three inch section of the top open.
6. Turn the bag the right way round through the opening, and hand stitch the opening closed.
8. Attach straps.
To make 2 unlined bags:
1. Prepare the bag and strap pieces as described above.
2. Hem the top of the bag and attach straps.
3. Make a second bag from the â€˜liningâ€™ piece, in a similar manner, using webbing tape or a coordinating fabric to make straps.
bonus dandelion fabric along edges of wider fabrics types (see yard view of chosen fabric).
cut & sew (534),
one yard (390),
earth day (204),
cut sew (54)
Log in or Sign up
to add a comment.
Made up your bag in the poplin,it turned out great! thanks for the lovely design.
Posted about 2 years ago.
Congratulations on second place - lovely!
Congrats! Great poppy design.
Posted over 2 years ago.
Thanks Roz, Decided to go with the poplin, can't wait!
Nancy, I'm thrilled you'd like to order this pattern. I've not had a chance to order this fabric myself yet. For other bags made from spoonflower fabric I've used the sateen but that is just because I like it! I think spoonflower used the linen fabric for the version they made up for the contest results email. I'd certainly recommend one of the heavier weight fabrics if you are using this design to make 2 unlined bags, but I think the basic combed cotton should be fine for the lined version. You can always add interlining if you think it needs to be heavier weight! I hope you're pleased with your finished bag. Thanks again, and happy sewing!
Thank you Ceri, Nancy, Christine, Vannina, Lia, Amy, Jill, and Sylvie!! I'm really looking forward to ordering some of this to make a bag for my mum's birthday :-)
Oh wow, pretty poppies! Congratulations on making the top Ten in 2nd place.. YAY!!!!
Congrats on your top-ten placement for a really awesome and lovely tote!
Congratulations Roz !
Congrats!!! Well done!
love this, am going to order,is the basic combed cotton suitable ?( since its lined,I mean) thanks,
nancy in NJ
Congrats Roz - love your design!
Thanks Alex, thanks Tina - I'm very excited :-D
Well done!! :o)
Gosh, thanks Rhonda - I hadn't realised!! Thank you everyone for all the lovely comments. Such a nice welcome back from the Easter break :-)
This is an outstanding design! Congratulations on placing 2nd, Roz!:-)
I'm a big fan of poppies, so this bag definitely caught my eye. Lovely!
These really POP! Good luck!
Extremely beautiful design!
So very lovely, beautifully designed tote!
I agree with Amy, gorgeous !
So pretty and I love how you created those beautiful poppies!
Thank you for all the lovely comments Ceri, Alex, Tina and Robin - it is always a thrill to get positive feedback from such talented designers :-)
What a beautiful bag! I love the combination of patterns for the different sides and lining too. Really great!
So bold and striking!
Oooo very lovely!
Beautiful illustrations as always!
mock-up of lined bag with internal pocket
coggon_(roz_robinson) uploaded a project image link for
Cut & Sew Poppy meadow tote :
© 2008-2015 Spoonflower Inc