Announcing Poly Crepe de Chine!
coordinating fabrics are available in my meadow flowers collection:
To make a fully lined bag:
1. Cut out each piece. Cut fusible interfacing to fit within the sewing lines of each piece and fix in place.
2. Fold bag piece in half as indicated by the red fold lines, with right sides together, and sew up each side from the fold.
3. With right sides still together lay one side seam of the bag along the bottom of the bag (the fold made during step 2), pinching out the corner of the bag base so that the two small white triangles are on top of the larger green triangle. Sew across the corner of the bag base, along the black dashed line. Repeat for the other side of the bag.
4. Hem pocket piece and attach to bag lining, sewing around the sides and bottom edge of the pocket.
5. Prepare bag lining piece in the same manner.
6. To make each strap: (i) fold piece in half lengthways (right sides together), (ii) sew up the long edge to make a tube, (iii) turn the tube rightside out; and (iv) turn in the seam allowance at each end of the tube and top stitch closed.
7. Place lining bag piece (printed side out) inside bag piece (printed side in - i.e right sides together) and join be sewing around the top edge of the bag, leaving a three inch section of the top open.
6. Turn the bag the right way round through the opening, and hand stitch the opening closed.
8. Attach straps.
To make 2 unlined bags:
1. Prepare the bag and strap pieces as described above.
2. Hem the top of the bag and attach straps.
3. Make a second bag from the â€˜liningâ€™ piece, in a similar manner, using webbing tape or a coordinating fabric to make straps.
bonus dandelion fabric along edges of wider fabrics types (see yard view of chosen fabric).