Want Free Shipping Every Day? Learn How.
Preview scale: 42.0 x 36.0 inches. Show Rulers
<a href='http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/2457481-monarch-butterfly-wings-kit-by-artytypes' title = 'Monarch Butterfly Wings Kit by artytypes on Spoonflower - custom fabric'><img src='http://s3.amazonaws.com/spoonflower/public/design_thumbnails/0245/7481/rrWings_shop_preview.png' alt='Monarch Butterfly Wings Kit'/></a>
Change DPI Base size is 150
I'm a fine art graduate based in Brighton in the UK
Mostly digital work, cute and nerdy stuff. You have my permission to sell projects made from my fabrics.
Message me for custom designs or variations of existing designs.
Visit this designer's shop
A great addition to a fairy or butterfly costume. Adult sized or extra large wings for a kid's costume. Lightweight fabrics recommended.
1. Pin pieces 1A and 1B, printed side facing in. Sew around outer edge and turn inside out.
2. Repeat step 1 with pieces 2a and b, 3a and b, and 4a and b.
3. Strengthen the wings by inserting either craft wire or a plastic boning material like Rigelene around the outer edge.
4. You could also sew some channels and insert more wire along the main black veins for extra strength. Alternatively you could use a sheet of strong interfacing cut to size and inserted inside the wing and sewn in place.
5. Once you're happy with the shape of the wings, sew up the flat inner edges.
6. Repeat step 1 with pieces 5a and 5b. This will form a base for the wings.
7. Cut along the white lines on piece 5 or sew a button hole if you want something neater. This will be where the shoulder straps will be attached.
8. Attach the 4 wing sections to center of the base (piece 5), sections 1 and 2 at the bottom and 3 and 4 at the top, make sure the longest edge is at the top.
9. Make some straps using pieces 6 and 7 or some lengths of elastic. and thread then through the holes in piece 5.
10. Go out and look awesome.
cut and sew (2399),
Log in or Sign up
to add a comment.
Congratulations on top 10!
Posted almost 3 years ago.
Congratulations! very beautiful!
Thank you so much for the comments, everyone and thank you to everyone who voted. I'm so happy to have made the top ten this week. *hugs*
Congratulations on top ten! It looks wonderful printed!
Congratulations Lily! I love your extra large wings!
Congrats on making the Top 10, Lily! The fabric prints beautifully!
Congratulations on your top ten win with these lovely butterfly wings!
Congratulations on top ten!
Congratulations on top ten - it printed beautifully, so vibrant!
Congratulations on placing in the top ten with your fantastic butterfly design, Lily!
Well done, these will be a lot of fun!
One Yard Costume Pattern Design Challenge Top Ten!
atate uploaded a fabric image for
Monarch Butterfly Wings Kit :
Congrats on top 10! Beautiful monarch butterfly wings.
Congrats on placing in the top ten for a really wonderful costume design! :o)
Thanks for the comments everyone, I love this design and will hopefully have a go at making it soon.
Beautiful wings! How lovely this would look on any child! The details and colors on the wings are fantastic!
Wonderful wings. Use to rear Monarch's so these are extra special.
So pretty, I hope we'll get to see them sewn up and worn.
Neat idea and beautifully done and presented. It was great to get readable instructions too! The only thing I was confused about was whether I'm missing a piece: piece 5 that you mention - or whether this is the two pieces 5a and 5b?
Beautiful detailing and lovely colours. Equally perfect for a sweet butterfly or fairy costume. Well done!
Halloween is the perfect time to try out these fantastic wings and let the imagination run free!
© 2008-2015 Spoonflower Inc