To embed this, cut and paste the following html into your web page:
1. Cut out pandas along black dotted lines and bamboo rectangles along solid outside edge.
2. Place bamboo pieces right sides together and pin. Sew along 1/2” seam allowance (green dotted line) all the way around, EXCEPT leave a 2” opening between the green dots on one end.
3. Turn the bamboo pouch right side out.
4. Fill the bamboo pouch with rice, flax seed, buckwheat or another grain through the opening you left. You’ll need about 2 to 2.5 cups of grain. TIP: Mix in some dried lavender buds with your grains for a soothing scent.
5. Hand-sew the opening on your pouch closed.
6. Press up the green border at the bottom of each panda piece towards the wrong side of the fabric. This will give you a nice finished edge at the bottom opening of your panda-pocket.
7. Place the panda pieces right sides together and pin. Sew along the 1/2” seam allowance (the outside edge of the panda image) from one bottom corner to the other, leaving the bottom open -- so you’ll basically have a panda-shaped bag. TIP: Embroider a message on the heart before you sew the pieces together to make it extra special.
8. Turn your panda right side out.
9. Now microwave the bamboo pouch to make it nice and warm -- microwaves vary, so start with 1 minute and work your way up if needed. Slide the warmed pouch inside the panda, and snuggle up!
For photos and instructions for a similar project, see the Spoonflower blog at http://tinyurl.com/critterpillow