To embed this, cut and paste the following html into your web page:
This is a very easy pattern to follow; use a 3/8 inch seam allowance:
1. Cut out all of your pieces along the black line.
2. Sew each bodice to it's respective skirt
3. Sew in the darts as marked on the bodices, and the pleats as marked on the skirts.
4. Fold the neck strap in half, right sides together and sew along the raw edge, making a long tube. Turn right side out and press flat.
5. Do the same thing with the side straps.
6. Sew the two strips for ruffles end to end to create one long piece. Baby hem one end. Press into ruffles or gather with the sewing machine on the raw side, making sure they end up long enough to cover the bottom edge of the skirt.
7. Cut two pieces of bias tape the same length as the finished ruffles. Sew them to the bottom edges of each skirt.
8. Sew bias tape around the edges of the two pockets (or baby hem the edges). Pin the pockets in place on their respective skirts, and topstitch the sides and edge, securing the pockets onto the skirts.
9. Sandwich the ruffles between the two skirts on the bottom edge, with the right sides of the fabric facing out. Topstitch over the bias tape to secure the ruffles to the two skirts.
10. Line up the rest of the two sides of the apron and pin together. Finish edges with bias tape, starting at one end of the ruffles, going all the way around the bodice, and ending at the other end of the ruffles.
11. Pick a side and sew all of your straps on, folding the ends under to hide the raw edges.